Folding Bike, 6 Tips Before Buying
By : Maxeka Lumuda
Today in 2009, many people are still thinking to buy a folding bike as their traditional vehicle. It is healthy, cheap and safe for nature. Folding bike is easy to use, if you want to ride it, you do not need a license or vehicle registration and there’s usually a minimum equipment, component and regulation. But, it does not mean that you are allowed to bike you bicycle without wearing helmet and safety uniforms such as knee and elbow protector and glasses. It’s a must when cycling !
Folding bike is a simple vehicle in the millennium era and you can store them easily at home or work without any large space requirement. Before buying folding bike, you should know some tips to get the best bike in order to avoid regretful in the future. You can read the following tips as your consideration:
- You must make sure that the bike is produced very well. Check and re-check that the bike has not flex or break at any corner. Check the steering post also to make sure the build quality and also the strength.
- Make sure the frame is completely solid without any brake. Customarily, an expensive folding bike use light-weight alloys to keep the weight down, and the cheaper bike usually use steel frames. You can check the construction for one more time from cut corners or brake. This is a superior aspect in the folding bike that you must find on it.
- Check the folding bike parts like gears, brakes and wheels are well known company maker. Make sure that you have re-checked all those components so that you will get the good bike.
- This fourth tips is about size. You should check, it is too big or not, you should adjust to your body height and weight. Some folding bike companies produce the bike with a wide variety of bike so that you can choose which one is match for you. To measure the size, you can check the seat post, is it raised enough? If yes, your leg should be almost straight when the pedal is down.
- Don’t forget to ask guarantee claim. It is important to ensure your safety with the bike parts, components and also frame.
- It is much better if you try it first to make sure how comfortable the folding bike is. Some stores allow you to do that, even they provide special room to test drive the bike that you want to buy. In this part, you yourself decide the comfortable level for you. You should be able to compare each bike even though with different specification.
Those are six important tips when you are going to buy a folding bike, you may consider half or even all those tips. And today, most bike stores and companies have site that is selling folding bike with its specification and price so that their customers can buy it online. You can do it by yourself, but of course you must do research in your local area about the bike that you want to buy online.
Incoming search terms for the article:
- folding bike tips
- folding tandem bicycles
- folding bicycle tips
- build a folding bike
- folding tandem bicycle
- home built folding bicycle
- folding tandem bike
- folding tandem bike review
- tips for folding bike
- tandem foldable bike
- foldable tandem bicycles
- folding tandem bike reviews
- tips before buying a folding bike
- how to build folding tandem bike
- kent folding bicycle parts
- light weight folding tandem bike
- what should be consider before buying a folding bikes
- what i should check on a folding bike
- what do i need to know before i buy a folding bike
- tandem bike folding